Ziplocked Bikinis

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Our master closet makeover is 90% done, but I'm waiting to find the time to finish the other 10% before I show you guys!  In the meantime, I've been reorganizing my clothes to fit with our new closet design.  In our old closet, I kept my pajamas on two shelves of that massive wooden shelving unit.  It worked well, but there just wasn't a place for them in our new closet.  Since I decided to pack away my out-of-season clothes this year, I freed up two drawers in our armoire.  I was trying to figure out how all my PJ bottoms, sleep shorts, t-shirts, etc etc would fit into these two drawers, when I realized that my bathing suits (which had to stay in here too) were a mess.  Whenever I would open this drawer to find a suit, I had to rummage around until I found a matching set.  It was really annoying, not to mention having them all just thrown in there took up more space than necessary.


What a mess!  I thunk and thunk about how I could remedy this problem, and I thought, hey, how about ziploc bags?


I put each of my suits into its own little ziploc, except for my two tankinis and one-piece that wouldn't fit.

For some reason, I have one other suit that was hiding behind me and didn't make it into the pics.  I honestly didn't even realize I had this many bathing suits!  The purple one on the left actually has two bottoms that go with the same top, and I have black bottoms that go with a black bikini top and a black tankini so counting each of those as two suits, I have 10 suits!  Geez, no wonder they were always a mess.


Much better, don't you think?


So what do you think?  How do you organize your bathing suits?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!